Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Friday, January 16, 2009

Poetry Friday: Sea Breeze

This is what pops out when you are working next to your daughter and she's playing The Little Mermaid soundtrack! Ha! I didn't even realize it at the time.

Poetry Friday

Sea Breeze

The seaside breeze holds
sweetness and decay in its
curls like mermaid's hair.

Lorie Ann Grover, 2009

Catch the roundup at Karen Edmisten's blog!


Kelly said...

Love Little Mermaid and love your poem!

Tangerine said...

Very nice. Serendipitous with my reading this evening, I just finished reading Water by Robin McKinley and Peter Dickinson. :)

Erin said...

I love this. :)

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thank you!

And Tangerine, I can't wait to read Water!