Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Friday, September 4, 2009

Poetry Friday: Beth Kephart


Over at readergirlz, we've introduced Beth Kephart as our new Author in Residence. So she's hanging out with us for 4 months, and she's also posting a blog/vlog entry once a month. Here's her first. I'm sharing it for Poetry Friday because the woman's speech itself is poetic. Listen and be challenged and inspired. Thank you, Beth!



Today's roundup is over at The Boy Reader.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm so excited about these four months. This beautiful vlog is a wonderful kickoff. Thank you readergirlz and Beth.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Me, too, Sherry. Thanks!

Melissa said...

Wow. I think I needed to hear this today, although in regard to my dissertation specifically, which I'd not thought about in those terms. Vulnerability, I agree, is linked to authenticity and to powerful writing. Maybe that's true of academic writing, too...Thanks for sharing this!