Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Friday, June 1, 2012

Poetry Friday: While Washing Dishes in Italy


While Washing Dishes in Italy

Worn mottled tiles,
frayed cloth, and black iron curls
guard her cool, dusk dreams.


Lorie Ann Grover, 2012

My dear friend, Dia Calhoun is touring Italy. This is a recent photo she snapped from her apartment in Milan. Ciao!


4 comments:

Ruth said...

Even washing dishes looks romantic in Italy!

Dia Calhoun said...

Italy reminded me of the line from Byron's poem (I think it was Byron):

"All that's best of dark and bright
meet in her aspect and her eyes."

That's how Italy was for me.
Dia

Maya Ganesan said...

I love the last line. "cool, dusk dreams" is absolutely haunting and gave me chills!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thank you, Maya! It's so good to see you. :~)