Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Living with Lupus: Traveling to ALA Midwinter!



So I haven't run a lupus update for a bit. After the 8 month flare of 2013, I seem to only be having 3 day experiences now. They still take me by surprise when they hit. When they do, I try to gather words to describe the sensation, but it's hard to convey. Yet, when it's here, there's no doubt. Here goes: it feels like the flu, with a migraine, as if I weigh 500 lbs, and I'm moving through quicksand. The light hurts, and basically I want to get to the dark. Like a bat. Or a mole. Or a naked mole rat. :~)

Those are the facts as I prepare to hit ALA Midwinter tomorrow through Sunday. For non-librarian types, this is the winter gathering of librarians from around the country to network, inspire, and celebrate books. My signing is in the Blink booth, #737, on Saturday morning at 9:30. Please stop in and say hey! There will be ARCs of Firstborn and rgz frippery, while they last. I hope to see you, and that lupus doesn't make an appearance. Look for my hat!



No comments: