Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Dry Eye: Solutions, Part Seven, True Tear

I tried a device called True Tear, that I wanted to share. It relies on neurostimulation. Essentially, it fits up your noise, zaps the nerve at the top of your nasal cavity which in turn makes your eyes tear.


It doesn't hurt, but it may be a tad uncomfortable. Side effects can be headache and nosebleeds. The cost for me was $1,200 with $100 new tips needed each month. Neither is covered by insurance. The aim is to replace the use of artificial tears. 

I'm returning the device within thirty days of purchase for a full refund as I didn't find my eyes were able to tear with Sjogren's and my past cancer treatment. Other people are having success though. Here are more details. 

2 comments:

Pearl Vegas said...

Nice Blog. Your blog is very useful for all those people who suffer from Dry eye disease. Thanks for sharing with us

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope you find good relief!