Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Last First Day

It's back! The day has come. The day I knew would come has come. The day is...the first day of school. *sighs*

I now prepare for the migraine. This year it will be from me banging the trig book against my head.

http://www.learningthings.com/mmLEARNINGTHINGS/Images/SAX_ADVANCED_MATH_2ND_ED_SOLUTIONS.GIF

The sight of this makes me shiver. Yes, the last year of homeschooling begins today. I can't believe it's year 15 of teaching.

So here are El and I in reality:

But we'll make an effort to put on our happy faces. Because I really know, as soon as it ends and she's off to college, I WILL MISS IT! Although you won't catch me doing a few trig problems for fun on my own.

The highlight this year will be the humongous stack of the Norton Anthology of Literature.

http://images.bestwebbuys.com/muze/books/46/9780393977646.jpg

Can you say, essay? *laughs maniacally*

Okay, the first bell has rung, and we are off. Well, my poptart has popped at least. Here's to a new school year. The last first day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, have fun!