Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Friday, March 6, 2009

Poetry Friday: Frozen Laugh

http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/articles/blog/1790000379/Poetry%20Friday.JPG

This is the fellow that greets those that enter my brother's Shinobi Dojo. So many contrasting elements!


Frozen Laugh

Your frozen laugh
winks gold
between black strands
that sway
in the breeze of my passing.
Your laugh
bubbles red
when I glance back
over
my shoulder.

Lorie Ann Grover, 2009

Catch the full roundup at Picture Book of the Day!

4 comments:

Marie said...

the expression "frozen laugh".. what great imagery!

Little Willow said...

Well, isn't that just sweet. *shudder* *wink*

Kelly Polark said...

Cool picture and poem! I like your laugh bubbles red!!!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thanks to you each for stopping by!