Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Friday, March 13, 2009

Poetry Friday: Samurai Armor

Poetry Friday

Happy Poetry Friday, everyone! Here's another photo I caught at my brother's Bujinkan dojo affiliated with the Onibujin. Here goes...


Samurai Armor

The empty samurai shell
sits humped in the corner.
A breeze licks the negative spaces,
seeking the soul
of the warrior
whose sweat
rings the plates of armor
like echoes of fury and passion.

Lorie Ann Grover, 2009

Catch the full roundup at The Miss Rumphius Effect.

5 comments:

Beth Kephart said...

Yes. Negative spaces. How well I understand. Great poem.

Little Willow said...

Any time I see the word "samurai," I think of The Master Puppeteer.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

It's a powerful wind that seeks empty spaces. Great poem!

Erin said...

I really like this. Especially "A breeze licks the negative spaces"...

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thanks, everyone! xox