Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Here I Am!

 

After a blog break, I'm back on site. Here's the skinny:

1. I'm still writing! I have an adult memoir, a poetry collection, two YA novels, a middle grade, and the conclusion for Firstborn percolating, plus a myriad of board books. 

2. I'm looking for representation by an agency interested in giving voice to a disabled person focusing on literary works. 

3. I've left Twitter in the upheaval of the site. 

4. After fourteen years, I'm currently no longer posting reviews of board books at readertotz. Co-founder and writer Joan Holub and I still make a call for ALA to recognize the board/novelty book format in their annual awards with the Dorothy Kunhardt Award

5. I'm creating more visual art which I hope to share here soon. 

6. My mentoring with Stony Book University for their Children's Lit Fellows Creative Writing Program is on hiatus following Covid closures. 

7. Physically, scleral lenses for extreme dry eyes were not compatible with my Sjogren's. And a year on hydroxychloroquine for lupus has created nerve damage. I may post more specifics in the future in case it would help another person piece together their own protocol.  

8. I am a grandmother of two now! Celebrations!

9. Having been in the sacred space of walking a beloved through death a year ago, I continue to read widely and search for truth and the beauty all around.

That's my quick catch up. Thanks for stopping by in our busy season.

May your day be well, and your night be well! xox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about 7 and 9. I'm glad you understand self-care. Thrilled about 8.