Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Home from Miami!


I'm home from Miami! This is just a quick drive-by blog as I scramble to get my feet down again. So much to do! But I will post Miami highlights soon.

I would like to note, to all those who don't ever believe me, I was mistaken for a man again. "Sir, here's your ticket," the airline personnel said. Yep.

5 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

Such a great photo! I see no man!

Jackie Parker said...

But you are so girly!

MooMa said...

get OUT!!! that happened to me too!!!!!!!
yes, i did have on my baggy jeans, oversized sweatshirt jacket, and a baseball cap....
but how devastating to hear from behind me, "Sir, I can help you over here," from a check-out lady.
fortunately, when i turned around, she appeared to have realized her mistake.
....or did she?
i kept checking out my head from different angles in the sun-visor mirror thingy, the whole way home.
MAN! (from one to another), am i ever glad you're back home, safe and sound. ;~)

holly cupala said...

I'm amazed - you are so feminine! Love that blue scarf on you. Welcome home!!!!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thank you, everyone! MooMa you are so busted for not telling me you blog.

I plan to continue to report my man-sightings, btw.