Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Monday, November 3, 2008

Out on the Town in Disguise

I had so much fun dressing up for a recent Superhero party, I thought to share a few photos.


So my husband and I were Olive Oyl and Popeye. I y'am what I y'am.


Ellen went as Maleficent. You can do so much with two cornucopia baskets. :~)



Emily and Gianni went as Trinity and Morpheus. They were offering red and blue jelly beans.


And my mom rounded out the night as a newsboy announcing the sightings of Batman. She had far too much fun with the tooth blacking.

We stretched the definition of Superhero. Artistic license, I say!

Here's to sweet friends who throw awesome parties!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Bestest costumes ever! :)

Traci said...

wow!! those are so great!!!

holly cupala said...

You make the most amazing, adorable Olive Oil, Lorie Ann! I love the cornucopia horns!