Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Friday, August 21, 2009

Poetry Friday: On Point





So I realized how to make a new header this week with only Powerpoint. I've lost all my Photoshop software on my new computer. Anyway, I settled on this image for now. And I thought why? So here's a haiku response:

On Point

Strung through darkened time
turquoise ideas pop on
past groping branches.

Lorie Ann Grover, 2009

Catch the roundup with Kyle at The Boy Reader.

2 comments:

Raymond Fellers said...

That's so cool. I never could afford Photoshop and after hearing my daughter talk about the learning curve, I'd probably not use it anyway.

Maybe you could post a tutorial of how PP can be used for this?

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Hey Kevin! I had to think to remember how I did this as I've now recovered Photoshop. :~)

1. Capture a screenshot.
2. Drop it onto a Powerpoint slide.
3. Add text.
4. Save it as a jpeg.
5. Open and crop the jpeg with your picture app, like Windows Photo Gallery.

Tada! Hope this helps.