Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Radcon 2010

You never know where you might end up during an author visit. Seriously. Dia Calhoun and I just returned from the Cavalcade of Authors in Pasco. I'll do a wrap up post about the awesome event soon, but it was RADCON who helped fund the author extravaganza. Dia and I were immersed in the sci-fi con that is:

This guy guarded the entrance to our hotel wing.


I saw things I've never seen before. Sorry I was slow to pick up the camera. Not sure of the protocol in the moment, I now realize that most would have loved to have their photos taken. *sigh* Well, here's a bit of what I saw:

* Weapons for zombie defense
* Animal tails swinging on backsides
* A lot of tinfoil hats to ward off aliens
* A shop filled with wands
* Death
* A 300 lb man dressed as a baby doll
* A lot of steampunk
* Pirates
* Manga characters
* Klingons
* Captain Kirk
* Zombie boy

And that's just what comes to mind right now...


I LOVED IT! What a blast mixing with folks who are such avid fans. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a YA Con? Just imagine the guest list. In the meantime, I'll be thinking about returning next year. But what will I wear?

No comments: