Books by Lorie Ann Grover

Books by Lorie Ann Grover
Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn: "A fantasy that reads like a lost history tome and deftly examines issues of gender...An engrossing story with welcome depths."

Monday, February 23, 2009

Dancing Snail Mail

http://slw.riskmetrics.com/envelope.jpg

Is there anything better than snail mail fan mail? Really. It's so encouraging to hear you've connected with a reader, and they've taken their time to let you know so.

This recently happened with a teen reader in Iowa. Without naming names, I wanted to share the photo she sent that is so beautiful. The funny thing is, we held the same roles in the Nutcracker! The first photo is hers and the second is mine at 15!

How amazing to connect regardless of time, place, and age. Here's to fans who take the time to snailmail, dancers who have bloomed into Nutcracker flowers, and good books that dance new friendships into our lives!

11 comments:

Little Willow said...

How cute! Congratulations to you both on your accomplishments. I love the synchronicity. :)

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thanks, LW! Any ballet photo of yours to post? Hm?

holly cupala said...

That's priceless! What beautiful dancers you both are.

Martha Brockenbrough said...

I love this! And am terribly glad that no photos of me as an incompetent prepubescent tap-dancer are floating around.

Little Willow said...

I don't have any.

Erin said...

Aw, that is so so cool.

Sherry said...

I love this. Thank you for posting pics and all.

Laura in Iowa said...

Hi Lorie Ann!! Remeber Me??? It's Laura! Your friend from Iowa!! I showed all the teachers and kids at school this website!!! Haven't written back lately- I've been busy dancing!!!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Yay, Laura in Iowa! I'm so glad you liked the post. Woohoo!

Happy dancing to you!

Laura in Iowa said...

Hi Lorie Ann!! I'm still here in Iowa... I know I haven't written, I've been so busy!! Just wanted to say Hi and Hello!!
Laura

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Hey Laura!

Hope you are dancing right through your summer!